Conversations of Collaboration Coaching

Collaboration Coaching is individualizing and adapting to the readiness of the person you are working with. There is a predictable progression of technology integration, and understanding this development of growth can help with creating short term and long term goals--which ultimately leads to the learning-centered classroom.

Technology Integration Progression: 
Key: 1 Beginning - 5 You've Arrived
  1. How much will you pay me to attend the training? 
  2. I might take a class, and I might use it to teach.
  3. I might let my kids use the technology in class, but I need to guide every step of the way, and I really need to know the program before I can. I will use it to teach.
  4. I will use technology for teaching and learning. I will allow the students to create products for learning, but I still limit what technologies they can use.
  5. I will use technology for teaching and learning. Students will learn through creating products or project-based learning with whatever technology is accessible to them. I am comfortable learning with and from the students.
Figuring out their Readiness Level for Technology Integration
It's coaching skills 101. Listen to them. Paraphrase what they are saying to make sure you understand, and to show you are listening. Then, ask questions to think about what the next step(s) could be. Finally, set up a plan for what to do next time you meet.

Here's an example of a collaboration coaching conversation:


This post was inspired by Peer Ed; Laurie Dias' article, “Integrating Technology: Some Things You Should Know” (Learning and Leading with Technology); and current discussions in the ISTE Community Ning.

Comments

  1. Jerry Paterson:

    I like the 5 stages, and I would put most of my peers at the 3-4 level. With all of the changes here at the high school, some teachers are reluctant to try too many new things.

    Side note: I couldn't get the video to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jerry, for the heads up about the video not working. I believe I fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Directions for posting:

1) Choose "Comment As" first. If you don't have a Google/Blogger account, you can choose Name/URL and type in your name, then place the web site that best describes you in the URL (i.e. www.ajusd.org). Or, you can choose "Anonymous".

2) You may need to press "Post Comment" more than one time.

It is always wise to copy your comment before pressing "Post Comment" just in case something happens.

3) Type in the word verification.

4) If you did everything correctly, it will state, "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you do not get that message, please try again.

Click here for a tutorial on how to comment.

Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Striving for Higher-Order Thinking and Depth of Knowledge

Craft and Structure, Deeper Thinking, and Tech Integration

Quality Blogging and Commenting Audit Meme