|Created on iPad using Doodle Buddy|
A 21st century, differentiated classroom should look and sound different from the classroom of my childhood. It also looks different from one classroom to the next, because there are numerous ways to differentiate.
What procedures and routines help maximize learning?
The foundational pieces for managing the 21st century, differentiated classroom are:
- Increase active student engagement
- Establish a positive classroom climate
- Establish task expectations
- Increase student engagement through individual accountability
The presentation was created in preparation for professional development for our high school, which will go to a 1:1 learning environment in 9th grade next year.
- What procedures, routines, and norms help structure and maximize learning time in a 21st Century, differentiated classroom?
- How do you create a classroom climate where all students are open to learning and participating?
- What tips can you share with us as we prepare for 1:1 learning?