|Google Form -- Pretty, isn't it?|
I loved using technology to start us off. In a Google Form, they completed a survey. The form had three sections. It had some questions to collect data of their prior knowledge. There was a section on norms where they checked the boxes of norms they thought were suitable for today's training, and an option to type a norm in. The norms that the majority agreed on were:
- Be positive.
- Help each other out.
- Be willing to try.
- Have fun.
What I liked was modeling how easy a Google Form was to use. We viewed the summary of data to show what areas we should focus on. Plus, it got them thinking about how they could use this in their own professional development.
|Thanks Theresa Bartholomew for Fodey idea!|
- Back Channel
- Introduction to wikis through Titan Pad -- so we could use the "chat" as our Back Channel, and we could take group notes in the wiki space.
- Doc Camera basics specific to the two types of doc cams in the district.
- SMART Board basics specific to the different sites.
- An introduction to blogs -- we had enough time to check out my BlogRoll and briefly touch on the role of blogs in education.
- The majority of our time was looking at Google Apps features, documents, and forms. There have been a few changes/improvements that we went over.
I want to thank Heather Wallace for asking me to do this and for brainstorming what things we wanted PD on. I absolutely loved planning and facilitating today. Special thanks to Theresa Bartholomew for co-facilitating during portions of today. I loved learning with you all!